2010年1月19日火曜日

Stability of Line detections (Week2)

Is it holiday today? I don't get used to American national holiday system...

I showed the line detection component with Hough Transforms last time. It could detect lines corresponding to edges of shelves. But I found it's sometimes unstable.

These are examples of detected lines. You can see the length and the location of the red line is changing (jumping), and so the location of the green circle - "middle point" does. It's certainly owing to noises on captured images.

It might be a problem to use the location of "middle point". I tried to adjust parameters of Hough transform and Gaussian filter for more stable detection, but it still remains unsolved.

I had a discussion about this problem with the advisior Serge Belongie. He was still positive with this result. He told me it was not so bad with such a simple technology, and advised me to move on developing object tracking component.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿